From 1st July as part of the NHSE requirement, all network practices have to sign up for extended hours.
Ruston St has not had access issues, however we are now going to be providing 1 hour of extended hours per week for our patients.
We are hoping these slots will be used for working patients who cannot attend during the core hours of 8.30 till 18.30.
Cervical Smear result Delays in results (National Issue)
Laboratory turn-around times have been declining in London and across the country with many women not receiving their result letters within two weeks. To address this, several laboratories are now testing cervical samples using HPV primary screening. It is expected that all cervical samples will be tested using HPV primary screening by December 2019.
The GP practices will not have the information either to help you with your results.
Intermittent slow internet connectivity and N3 line upgrade
We experience drop in internet connection at the clinic from time to time. Many practices in the area are due to get an upgrade shortly. We shall keep patients updated when problems occur and we hope you will understand if econsult, EPS or online bookings are temporarily affected and our advised is to revert to telephone call to the practice or walking in and booking appointments in these circumstances.
Need a fit note, GP letter or test result?
It is not necessary to always book a face to face appointment to see a GP.
Use our e-consult blue banner to make contact with practice staff whether for admin purpose or to seek medical advise. Photographs of conditions can also be uploaded. The Gp will make a decision to call you with advise or ask reception to book an appointment for you or sign post to another service provider.
Often patients are left frustrated that they have long waiting times on the telephone to book appointments. Did you know by downloading the Patient Access app you can book appointments, request for medications and view your medical records.
WATCH THIS SPACE- online registration is soon coming!
How we use your medical records
Important information for patients
- This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can click to read the practice privacy notice here or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
Walk in centres no longer exist, however some practices around Tower Hamlets offer extended evening and weekend appointments. Our reception staff may offer you appointments for emergency or new symptoms at these HUB practices especially if we have no appointments to offer. Please consider taking them up.
Hub practices are: Harley Grove Surgery (E3 2AT), Blithehale medical centre (E2 6JA), Strouds Place (E2 7QU), East One Health Centre (E1 2QA).
Click here for more information
If you are feeling suicidal and having a mental health crisis call the Tower Hamlets crisis number 02077715807.
If you would like to speak to a therapist please contact Tower Hamlets Talking Therapies 0208 475 8080 and self refer.
DRUGS and ALCOHOL self referral
Based at Mile End Hospital they accept self referral telephone 02081215301.
Click here for more information
Our list is open for new patients. Contact our reception on 020 8980 1652 for details.