Blood tests update
Bloods tests ordered at the clinic should be done via booking appointment with the health care assistant at the clinic or in the community hub clinics.
Please DO NOT GO TO THE LOCAL HOSPITALS as this service is no longer available since 1st September.
The first wave of delivery for the over 65 year old patients will be on 27th sept and patients will receive SMS to book appointments. (only eligible if on a chronic disease register)
The second wave of delivery for the under 65 year old patients will be on the 10th October. ( again upon eligibility criteria)
The children’s flu vaccines will also be ordered mid October. This is a live nasal vaccine for only a specific age group and again parents will receive an SMS inviting them in.
New staff joining RSC
Dr Julia Moody - We are pleased to have her join from September onwards. She has a wealth of experience of working with the Tower Hamlets population and is a clinical lead in safeguarding children for the borough.
Ms Shahara Begum – reception team
Mr Abalkassim Mohamed- Health Care Assistant covering maternity leave.
Cervical Smear result Delays in results (National Issue)
Laboratory turn-around times have been declining in London and across the country with many women not receiving their result letters within two weeks. To address this, several laboratories are now testing cervical samples using HPV primary screening. It is expected that all cervical samples will be tested using HPV primary screening by December 2019.
The GP practices will not have the information either to help you with your results.
Intermittent slow internet connectivity and N3 line upgrade
We experience drop in internet connection at the clinic from time to time. Many practices in the area are due to get an upgrade shortly. We shall keep patients updated when problems occur and we hope you will understand if econsult, EPS or online bookings are temporarily affected and our advised is to revert to telephone call to the practice or walking in and booking appointments in these circumstances.
Need a fit note, GP letter or test result?
It is not necessary to always book a face to face appointment to see a GP.
Use our e-consult blue banner to make contact with practice staff whether for admin purpose or to seek medical advise. Photographs of conditions can also be uploaded. The Gp will make a decision to call you with advise or ask reception to book an appointment for you or sign post to another service provider.
Often patients are left frustrated that they have long waiting times on the telephone to book appointments. Did you know by downloading the Patient Access app you can book appointments, request for medications and view your medical records.
WATCH THIS SPACE- online registration is soon coming!
How we use your medical records
Important information for patients
- This practice handles medical records in-line with laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with those who are involved in providing you with care and treatment.
- In some circumstances we will also share medical records for medical research, for example to find out more about why people get ill.
- We share information when the law requires us to do so, for example, to prevent infectious diseases from spreading or to check the care being provided to you is safe.
- You have the right to be given a copy of your medical record.
- You have the right to object to your medical records being shared with those who provide you with care.
- You have the right to object to your information being used for medical research and to plan health services.
- You have the right to have any mistakes corrected and to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can click to read the practice privacy notice here or speak to a member of staff for more information about your rights.
Walk in centres no longer exist, however some practices around Tower Hamlets offer extended evening and weekend appointments. Our reception staff may offer you appointments for emergency or new symptoms at these HUB practices especially if we have no appointments to offer. Please consider taking them up.
Hub practices are: Harley Grove Surgery (E3 2AT), Blithehale medical centre (E2 6JA), Strouds Place (E2 7QU), East One Health Centre (E1 2QA).
Click here for more information
If you are feeling suicidal and having a mental health crisis call the Tower Hamlets crisis number 02077715807.
If you would like to speak to a therapist please contact Tower Hamlets Talking Therapies 0208 475 8080 and self refer.
DRUGS and ALCOHOL self referral
Based at Mile End Hospital they accept self referral telephone 02081215301.
Click here for more information
Our list is open for new patients. Contact our reception on 020 8980 1652 for details.